The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining the County’s ability to prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate against major emergencies and disasters; to include minimizing the loss of life and property, ensuring continuity of government, and facilitating rapid recovery.
- Developing and maintenance of the County’s Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan.
- Public education and training
- Education and training of local government employees
- Establishing procedures to staff and maintain the Emergency Operations Center.
- Coordination with local, regional, state and federal jurisdictions and agencies
To receive information on the status of emergencies in your neighborhood, information about community events, etc. please register
with our provider.
Wildfire preparedness information is provided by the Living With Fire Program.