Child Support

The Lyon County Child Support Enforcement Division of the District Attorney works for parents and guardians collecting child support. The office is located in the Yerington office of the District Attorney and is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 

Each case is assigned to a caseworker who is the primary contact for your case. It is important to provide all the information needed for the office to pursue your case. 

If you are interested in filing a case, you can print the application form and return it to our office in several ways:

1) In person at: 31 S. Main St. Yerington, NV 89447

2) Mail it to: Lyon County Child Support 31 S. Main St. Yerington, NV 89447

3) Fax it to: (775)463-6528

4) Email us at:

What Documents to Include with your Application

- A 4000 Application.

- Copies of any court orders mentioning child support, in their entirety. 

- Copies of the Birth Certificate for the child(ren).

- Copies of Insurance cards for the childr(en).

- Copies of SSN cards for the child(ren).

** We may need you to fill out other forms based on whether the father is listed on the birth certificate and whether the non-custodial parent lives in state or out of state. Please see our Opening a Case page for more specific details. **

How to Pay your Child Support


You can pay your Nevada child support payment anytime, anywhere, online or by phone. 

You can call our State Collection and Disbursement Unit (SCaDU) to make a payment over the phone at 855-288-2352 and follow the prompts. This service is available 24/7, however there is a $8.95 processing fee for each payment up to $1,000. Please allow 3 - 5 business days for the payment to be posted to the case.

 -To make a payment using this system you will need the Non-custodial parent's SSN number and Unique Personal Identifier (UPI) or case number for the case. If you do not have the UPI number for the case please contact our office at 775-463-6530 and it can be provided to you.

You can mail payments to SCaDU, P.O. Box 98950, Las Vegas, NV 89193-8950.

Payments must be in the form of a cashier's check, money order, or business check. Personal checks are NOT accepted.

You can now also make payments via Paypal, Paypal Credit and Venmo please see our website to make a payment using one of these options:

You will be charged a convenience fee of $8.95 for each transaction.

We are adding new way to pay all the time! Please visit our website for a full list of payment options.


Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) on Economic Impact Payments and the Federal Tax Refund Offset Program
On March 13,2020, the President of the United States declared a national emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law. These FAQ's are based on information available at this time and may be updated as new information becomes available.

  • What is the CARES Act?
On March 27,2020, the Coronavirus Act, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by Congress and signed into law. The CARES Act was developed to help those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Among the many provisions covered under the CARES Act, assistance with Unemployment Insurance and Economic Impact Payments may be found. 

  • What are Economic Impact Payments?
The Cares Act authorizes economic impact payments (also referred to as "stimulus payments" or "recovery rebates"). These payments are credits against the 2020 personal income tax for eligible individuals. Eligibility for the advance payments will be based on a person's income tax for 2019, or 2018 if the return for 2019 has not been filed yet. These payments are not considered taxable income. For more details on these economic impact payments, please visit

  • If I  qualify for an economic impact payment, how much will I receive?
Individuals whose adjusted gross income was less the $75,000 and those who filed as head of household with an adjusted gross incomes less that $112,500 will received $1,200. Married couples filing jointly who make less than $150,000 will receive $2,400. The payment amount is reduced for income over these amounts. Parent also received an additional $500 for each qualifying child. Those who file single with income exceeding $99,000, $136,500 for head of household, and $198,0000 for joint filers with no children are not eligible and will not receive payments.

  • Can economic impact payments be offset for child support?
The CARES Act does not include an exemption for offset against child support debt. Noncustodial parents owning past due support of at least $150 on a public assistance case or at least $500 on a non-assistance case will be certified for offset of these payments.

  • What is the process for offsetting economic impact payments?
A file of cases meeting certification requirements is submitted bi-weekly to the federal Offices of Child Support Enforcement for the Federal Tax Refund Offset Program. This same file will also be used for the offset of the economic impact payments.

  • How much of my economic impact payment can be offset to satisfy my past due child support debt?
Payments may be offset up to the amount that is owed in past due child support at the time the file is sent to the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement. If the payment is less than the total debt owed, the full amount may be offset. If the payment is more than the total debt owed, the remaining balance will be refunded to you.

  • What happens to my economic impact payment once it is offset for child support?
If an economic impact payment is based on a single filer tax return, the payment should apply to your child support case(s) within 2 business days from the date it is received by the State Collections and Disbursement Unit.

If the parent who owes support files a joint tax return with a spouse, it may take up to 6 months for the payment to be applied to your child support case(s). This allows the spouse or parent who owes support to appeal the offset as an injured spouse.

  • What if I am not the responsible party that owed past due child support?
If you are received your economic impact payment jointly with your spouse and only your spouse owes past due child support, you can file an injures spouse form with the IRS. To file your claim, please visit the IRS website at

You can also choose to waive your right to file an injured spouse claim by completing an Injured Spouse Waiver. By completing this form and it to the appropriate child support office, the economic impact payment can be applied to the child support case(s) without the otherwise required six-month delay. To obtain an injured Spouse Waiver, please contact the child support office.

  • What if my economic impact payment should not have been intercepted?
You may dispute the offset of your economic of your economic impact payment if you do not believe that you owe past due child support.

The referral is mandatory under federal law if you owe the minimum amount of arrears. The parent responsible for support may contest the offset by submitting a verbal or written request to their child support office for the review. Contact information for your assigned office may be found on the Pre-Offset Notice that was sent to your prior to the offset.

  • What if I have additional questions about the economic impact payments? Am I eligible? What if I don't file a tax return? How will I get the payment?
Answers to these questions, and others, may be found on the IRS website at