How and where do you file a police report?
The Lyon County District Attorney cannot file police reports. You need to file a report with the law enforcement agency. The Lyon County Sheriff's Office is the primary agency for Lyon County with offices in Yerington, Silver Springs, Fernley and Dayton. The Yerington Police Department handles police reports for the City of Yerington. Contact the Yerington Tribal Police Department to file a police report on the Yerington Paiute Tribe Colony or Campbell Ranch. Once the agency receives the report and completes the investigation, the agency decides whether to submit the case to our office for review. In some cases, the matter will not be referred to our office. Misdemeanor cases for the City of Yerington and City of Fernley are usually handled by the Yerington and Fernley City Attorneys.

Show All Answers

1. Can I receive information and/or a copy of the police reports in a particular case?
2. If I report a crime, do I have to be involved?
3. Can I receive information about juvenile or child protection cases?
4. How and where do you file a police report?