To register to vote a person must meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States Citizen (NRS 293.485)
- Have attained the age of 18 by election day (a person whose 18th birthday occurs on or before the day of the next ensuing election may register anytime within the year prior to the close of registration for that election) (NRS 293.485, NV Const. Art. 2, Sec. 1)
- Actually, physically, and legally (not constructively) reside in Lyon County (NRS 293.485, NV Const. Art. 2, Sec. 1)
- Provide official identification as proof of residence and identity, such as a driver’s license or other official document (NRS 293.505)
- Provide Social Security Number, Nevada Driver’s License Number, or Nevada Identification Card Number (NRS 293.507)
Any person who has been convicted of a felony and has not had their civil rights legally restored, or has been legally declared as insane or mentally incompetent, is not entitled to register to vote.